Acid reflux disease or GERD is a digestive disorder, which occurs in a lot of people. There is an excess production of stomach acids during digestion. These acids move up into the esophagus and end up causing a burning sensation in the chest. The burning sensation is referred to as heartburn. There are several factors that can be responsible for causing this disorder, but the most common reason is considered to be an unsuitable diet.
Common Triggers for Acid Reflux:
- Common food triggers for acid reflux include tomato based sauces, chocolate, fried and fatty food, alcohol, peppers, citrus fruits, and caffeinated beverages.
- High fat dairy foods such as cottage cheese and whole milk products are known to trigger the symptoms of acid reflux.
- High fat meats like beef steaks, ground beef, pork, and chicken or turkey with skin can also be considered to be triggers for this condition. Along with these foods, deep fried, junk and processed foods are also common triggers.
- While considering fruits and vegetables, the triggers include citrus fruits like lemons, oranges, grapefruit, and pineapple. Tomatoes, garlic and onions are also famous for causing acid reflux when consumed in excess or in the raw form.
- Acidic beverages like sodas and alcohol of any kind can also trigger the symptoms.
- While still on the subject of diet, overeating can also cause acid reflux. Due to overeating, the stomach cannot keep up with the demand to process so much food. As a result, the digestive acids flow up into the esophagus and cause heartburn.
- Other factors that cause this disorder include smoking, food allergies, lying down right after eating and reaction to certain medications.
Treating this condition involves the use of a variety of medications, including antacids, H2 blockers, and proton pump inhibitors. One of the most commonly prescribed drugs for treating acid reflux is Nexium 20mg and there are many websites from where you can buy Nexium 20mg online and get it delivered at your door step. The use of Nexium is prescribed in case of excessive production of stomach acids.
This medicine is a proton pump inhibitor that works by blocking the production of gastric acids. Besides GERD, Nexium is also use for treating Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and duodenal ulcers, both of which are caused due to excess production of gastric acids. However, this is a prescription drug and should only be used when recommended by a physician.
Studying the factors that cause this condition, it is obvious that one needs to make healthy lifestyle changes to avoid the condition from becoming chronic. In case the condition is persistent, consult a physician for proper diagnosis and treatment for it.